Sloping floor between two rooms

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help.
I have a lounge diner that's been knocked through. I am looking to lay laminate across the two rooms. The problem is the level between the two. the dining room, at the back of the house, is level with and connected to the kitchen, and has rear French doors in it. The lounge is at the front, and is level with and connected to the hallway, which has the front door in it and the stairs off.

The wooden floating floor at the front of the house is 35mm lower than the concrete floor at the back of the house. I was wondering if there was a way to slope the floor between the two rooms, or if I built up the front floor to the same level, if there was a way to slope it over the threshold of the door in to the hallway?

Thanks in advance[/wiki]

Sponsored Links
You could put in a shallow ramp in the floating floor to the door, depending on the house floor layout, some pics might help.

A picture paints a thousand words...pinenot :)

I will try and get some pics later.
Would a reducer threshold work in the doorway, or is 35mm, plus the thickness of the laminate, be too big a step?

Sponsored Links
Sorry, forgot to wrote on it..that bit on the left is the stairs. The two lines in the door in to the lounge.

I had thought about this, but was told it was against regs to lose some of the first step height.
Also, the hall has tiles down that I was hoping to keep. That's why I'm at a lsoo.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back