Slow draining sink/blockage advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I need some advice on the following. So in my flat I had a slow draining kitchen sink has been fine for seven years but been slow for the last 6 months. Tried all the products I could and no joy so called in my trusty plumber who has done work for me before.

He rodded and cleaned out the waste as far as the sewer stack but said there was no blockage on it. He also re did the pipes to the washing machine as water was also backing up into this as well so put in a trap to prevent this. Now the problem I have is he is almost certain as am I that the blockage is on the soil stack. He put over 6 gallons of water down the sink after he finished and it all flowed fine until the sixth gallon when it basically backed up again and just drains slowly. His conclusion is a blockage in the stack just below where my kitchen drain enters it the vent on top of the stack outside does not look like it has a blockage so don’t think it’s a venting issue.

Now I own the property but the stack is communal so need to get permission from Management Company to do the work and for the management fund to pay for the soil stack cleaning. This is not a problem as I am a member of the company and there are only 4 other flat owners but I want to make sure my diagnosis of the problem is correct before asking them. Any advice appreciated.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Is there a manhole cover nearby ? Just lift the lid, see if its full. If it is clear it. If its not, turn a tap on in your flat to determine which outlet is yours, then rod that one.

Sponsored Links
Yes l he did all the ways to the stack. And it was clear. Could it be something else ?.

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back