Slow drip from rubber pipe within boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning all!

We have an ATAG ic28 boiler which has been faultless for the last 4 years.

However its developed very slow drip from a clear rubber pipe within the boiler and after about a week we need to top up the pressure.

I have taken the front off and a photo is below for reference.

Before I try and find a plumber, does anyone know why this has happened or what the part is called that I assume needs replacing?

Thanks in advance.

full

Sponsored Links
It's an automatic air vent, and yes it'll need replacing. You shouldn't be removing the cover of your boiler - it forms the safety room seal which is there to prevent any escaped products of combustion from entering your home. It should only be removed by a Gas Safe Registered professional, who can carry out the Regulation 26.9 checks before putting the boiler back into operation.

Thanks for the advice guys.
I have put the front cover back on and not touched anything. We have plumber hopefully coming out this week.
I should have clarified, the previous owners had the boiler for a number of years before us. We've just had it for the last 4 years but I will check the warranty now as we might just be in!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice guys.
I have put the front cover back on and not touched anything. We have plumber hopefully coming out this week.
I should have clarified, the previous owners had the boiler for a number of years before us. We've just had it for the last 4 years but I will check the warranty now as we might just be in!
I am an ATAG approved agent so if you need any help I will do my best , all automatic air vents, vessels are cheap crap, and they all leak eventually ,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back