slow flow from new tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a similar problem to Tom JE. Just had new bath with mxer tap and hot water flow ( from cylinder) very slow. Can you tell me if water from a hot water cylinder is high or low pressure?
thanks

Sponsored Links
John,

All depends on type of cylinder.

If vented, then generally low pressure.
If un-vented then it will be mains pressure.

Rico

Thanks lads for your replies. I'm not sure if cylinder is vented or un vented, but had good flow from old mixer tap. Is there anything that can be done to "adjust" new mono tap, or should I change it for a mixer type? appreciate your help

Sponsored Links
Do you have a large water cistern in your loft? Does it have an open-ended pipe passing up the side and then turning to point down into it? If so then you're on a vented system.

Changing for a mixer won't necessarily help - if you get a high pressure mixer you'll have exactly the same problem. You need taps suited to a low pressure system (although if you're on mains cold that can be a high pressure one).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back