Slow flow on monobloc tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently fitted a sink and taps for an elderly customer. I chose a quarter turn barrel tap. The flow on her cold is fine but is a bit slow on the hot , I have seen worse, she wants me to change them for a different type which will be at my expense, I am willing to do this as I fitted ball valves and the tap fixings are easy to get to so will not take long.
What bothers me, if I do this and there is no improvment.
I am restricted in type of tap, as the lady has trouble with her wrists.
It's not air, I broke the joint at the stem and ran it through. She has a cylinder system and the tank is one floor up. The flow on the old taps I'm told was ok.
Any suggestions please.

Sponsored Links
Same question been asked hundreds of times!

Check the box for minimum pressure requirements.

Your taps probably were an imported type with smaller bores and flex tails better suited to continental market.

Or for use with mains pressure hot water systems such as unvented cylinders or thermal stores.

Alan

Thanks, I think you are right about them being an import. I've had slow hot before but always managed to sort it out (ish).
I've always used Hewdens and had no trouble, I got these from another source.
This has been going on for nearly 4 weeks, so will be good to put an end to it.
Thanks again

Not using those sub 50p isolators are you? They do make a difference. "Heavy pattern" ones around £1.40 are better.

Sponsored Links
Usually pay about £ 1-40 each. The tap was supplied with flexable conns.
with valves built in, as part of my "see if this works" I changed to copper stems, with seperate valves. Still no better.
Thanks for tip, will steer clear of cheapies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back