Slow flush - easy to fix / replace?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi chaps

Flush has been slow for years I realised when it got so slow I had to drop the ball valve to fill it with more water to get it to flush with any force at all.

Ignore the crud :oops: .... The plunger attached to the handle seems to be failing, does that mean the whole unit needs to be replaced? Are they all fairly generic?

Cheers!

:D

Sponsored Links
You need to buy a Dudley Turbo Flush.

Make sure you get the same height one as the one you have now.

Instructions on how to change it comes with the new one.

Easy job for any DIYer.

Ted

Cheers! Found this http://www.tradeops.co.uk/product/2434/0

Its high mounted, guess I need to get it off the wall, though could descale at the same time I guess - boo!

Might fill it up some more till I fit it, and apparently some brass screws as well for the wall fitting ....

:D

you don't have to remove cistern at all. As you have a turbo 88, you can remove the yellow holding pin and replace the working body og the siphon. Looking at the state of it, I'd de-scale it as you said..and probably change the filling valve too while you're at it.

Sponsored Links
any limescale remover should do it. Descale it first before removing any parts, to avoid the new bits possibly getting clogged up.

Cheers all - that's worked great. Old one was an 8 1/2 but the 9 replacement was fine. Managed a bit of descaling but will look to do it more regularly ... maybe.

Got 3 out of 4 screws out and replaced with SS but the last by the inlet is rusted in. :(

Oh yeah and the new dudley has dual flush modes - how cool is that??! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back