Slow hot water flow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope someone can help, over the last year the hot water flow has reduced, this is most noticeable with the bath, but the bathroom sink and kitchen sink are slightly slower but acceptable.

The background is...
We have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar Condensing boiler (3 years old) in the loft feeding a hot water cylinder.
The whole system (inc pipwork) is less than 3 years old.
The bathroom is on the first floor and the kitchen on the ground floor.

This issue is nothing to do with the cold spell, its been slowing down over many months to the point a bath takes ages to fill.

My gut feel is the hard water (I'm in Bristol), but what option do I have to check and fix the problem?

Any advice appreciated.

Lee

Sponsored Links
Hope someone can help, over the last year the hot water flow has reduced, this is most noticeable with the bath, but the bathroom sink and kitchen sink are slightly slower but acceptable.

Lee

I would first check that the tank in the loft is filling up to about 6" below the overflow pipe as it could be a partly blocked ball valve or maybe it is not adjusted correctly. I have known cases where bits of fibreglass has got into the tank and partly blocked the outlet pipe

Thanks!

I will check tomorrow.

Having checked out the visible options a few months back, I think it's okay, but always good to check!

Does that not effect the tank refill rate as opposed to the speed it delivers from the cylinder to the tap?

I'll get back to you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back