Hot Water Conundrum!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am having problems with my Valliant Combination Boiler, and hope you can help.

I live in a flat and the hot water does not work in the kitchen.

The hot water works in the bathroom, infact when I turn the tap on in the bathroom sink the water is so powerful it leaps out of the sink. In the bath the tap is larger and water flows slower but the how water still works.

However in the kitchen the flow rate is as slow as treacle, does anyone know where does the power goes ? I gues if the flow rate was high I would get hot water ?

Thx
Mike

Sponsored Links
Hi Chris, I guess that would make sense as flow rate is very slow, do you think the tap is the most likely place for any blockage ?

Sponsored Links
Hi, I unscrewed the spout but had no luck, it was completely clean. It seems very strange to me. The bathroom tap is like a firehose, the bath is slow (maybe too slow even though it is a bigger tap), and the kitchen is hardly almost a trickle.

Do you think I need to start pulling the walls apart ?

mbienz said:
Do you think I need to start pulling the walls apart ?

God No !

Has this problem only occurred recently ? ( Ie you've not had a new kitchen tap or anything ) - If it has its probably a trapped washer or something in the body of the tap

Do the tap handles turn easily ?

Hi Chris/Liam, after going into the kitchen armed with a hammer I found out that the hot water tap under the sink was not turned on properly. My fiance thinks I am a DIY genius, thanks for your help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back