Slow/ non draining bath??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
first of all, hello..
I have an issue with my bathroom waste draining really slow or sometimes not draining at all. I recently moved in to a new home and all was well to start with (bathroom is brand new), but 6 months down the line the issue has popped its head down..

Here's what happens in the shower for instance, water runs for about 5 seconds, and the trap seems to fill up and starts to fill the bath. Leave the bath to fill up and the water gurgles slightly and then drains slowly? Iv tried the usual's ie plunging/ chemicals/ wire drain unblocker with no luck .

The bath trap flows down 40mm pipe to a flexi 90 degree bend, into a T that the basin waste flows in to, then into the toilet waste via an internal soil stack.

Another snag is that the bathroom is now fully tilled and the bath panel is stuck on!! Can anyone shed some light on the situation?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
How do you know about this flexible 90° bend?

Sounds like an ideal place for a blockage.

In my view all pipework should be always accessible.

Anyone who employs someone who glues everything together deserves all the problems that brings.

Perhaps someone has some magic solution. But apart from mechanical rodding from the outlet point all I can suggest is that the pipework is going to have to be made accessible.

Not just made accessible but replaced in a permanently accessible way!

Tony

Sounds like a blockage. Time to have the bath panel off and have a look.
Does the sink drain ok?

Sponsored Links
don't know if this helps but i have just put about 2 inches of water in the bath and it didnt drain.. i ran the sink tap for a min and the bath plug hole started to bubble and drain??

I think I'd be reaching for the wet vac by now.....block up the overflow and see what comes back over when you switch it on!
John :)

Try pulsing the thing, by pulling the hose in and out of the plug'ole, to try to get the grot moving....I'd resist the blow function at this stage!

Try pulsing the thing, by pulling the hose in and out of the plug'ole, to try to get the grot moving....I'd resist the blow function at this stage!

just pulled a chunk of hair out and draining better, still not back to the way it was but allot better.. would the blow function cause more harm than good?

Unless the pipe work is solvent welded, there is a slight possibility that a joint could be blown apart - and I wouldn't want to be blamed for that!
Keep trying.....once you think things are on the move, then try some plug hole unblocker - the stuff thats supposed to dissolve hair. You'll need a fair bit though.

Unless the pipe work is solvent welded, there is a slight possibility that a joint could be blown apart - and I wouldn't want to be blamed for that!
Keep trying.....once you think things are on the move, then try some plug hole unblocker - the stuff thats supposed to dissolve hair. You'll need a fair bit though.

cheers your a life saver lol!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back