Slow pouring bathroom sink hot tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, I have an issue with the hot tap in our bathroom.

We have had new appliances bought as in toilet, bath and sink and fitted by a pro. The only gripe is the hot tap is not as bad as a trickle, but its hardly fast, and takes ages to even half fill the sink!

The cold is great, the bath taps are great, and the sink downstairs works great too. just the hot tap upstairs. Its a joint tap where you lift the lever to start pouring water, swing to the left for hotter, and to the right for colder.

Any ideas if there is any sort of easy ish fix for it without calling the guy out again?

Thanks in advance

Wes

Sponsored Links
To get a decent amount of hot from a tank supply you need a 15mm pipe connected straight to a hot tap (seperate tap). Anything else will restrict the flow.

If you bend down and take a look you will see that the pipes feeding the tap are very narrow - hence the problem.

Ta Joe.

I looked behind the sink, and although filthy, i can make out that the pipes from hot and cold are identical in shape and size. they both have a flexible pipe which goes into like a solid copper pipe and then disappear into the floor.
Im sure the previous taps worked fine, although they were both single taps and not a mixer.

Sponsored Links
The 15mm pipes are identical but the pressure behind the flow is way different. The cold tap is fed off the rising main. The hot from a tank in the loft.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back