small crack in render

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello everyone

i had an extension built 5 years ago just recently i noticed a crack in the render at the front of the house ( actually its pebble dashed), it looks like it runs where the new build ties into the orignal house( a flush wall), i have checked the rest of the house and there are no other cracks in the render, the crack is about 1 to2 mm and runs from the top to about halfway down the wall , you really have to look to see it, i have checked the inside of the house in the corresponding areas and everything appears fine no cracks in the plaster etc

could this be where the new build has settled and caused a crack where it ties in or could it be something more serious

thanks for any help

edit if it is superficial whats the best wy to seal the cracks to stop the rain getting in

Sponsored Links
Most likely as you say, a tiny amount of settlement and contraction.
A good quality exterior filler should take care of it.

thanks ill try to get some pics posted up first to make sure before i do anything

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back