Small cracks where the stairs meet the wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have small cracks where the stairs meet the wall . I've tried using pollyfiller and the cracks came back within 3 weeks !.
Anyone found a solution for this ?

Thanks Dave

Sponsored Links
Daviesmith, good evening.

There are several topics on this subject on the board, check out the "search" function [top right of this screen]

Suggest you consider fixing a timber bead between wall and stair stringer, trick is to fix the timber bead to the wall, not the timber stairs, that way the recurring crack will occur but you will not see it.

Ken.

Dig the cracks out a little and use a not setting decorators caulk,

I highly recommend everbuild 125

Sponsored Links
'Painting and decorating' on YouTube would say: rake out, apply PVA inside, fill with expanding foam, cut/sand back foam to a few mm below finish level, then finish with Polyfilla.

I have tried it in a few big cracks, and it works well. I think the idea is that the foam takes up all the gap and also acts as an adhesive. But foam is a pain in the bum to use!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back