Small Extension for boot room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all! I’m looking at putting a small extension on the back of my house and would like it to be timber clad with a dwarf wall. I’ve done a few bits of renovation in the past and would like to tackle this myself. I know i’ll Require building regs etc. But just wanted some advice as to how about getting a small wall like in the pic shown? Many thanks.

Attachments

• 5733EC27-CA57-448C-98EB-B96FD529D68D.png
    5733EC27-CA57-448C-98EB-B96FD529D68D.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 145
Sponsored Links
Standard foundation, with inner block leaf going up, probably light weight blocks.

Outer leaf could be block work too, the out of sight part, and clad with air gap behind to create that look. Issue is the inset of the wall from the stepped edge you have shown. You may get away with timber frame completely as it's only a small build.

Fire reg side of compliance will be key if close to boundary and/or there is a lot of wood in it. Some gurus on here will have some good suggestions on that.

Standard foundation, with inner block leaf going up, probably light weight blocks.

Outer leaf could be block work too, the out of sight part, and clad with air gap behind to create that look. Issue is the inset of the wall from the stepped edge you have shown. You may get away with timber frame completely as it's only a small build.

Fire reg side of compliance will be key if close to boundary and/or there is a lot of wood in it. Some gurus on here will have some good suggestions on that.

Thanks for your reply! I did wonder about fire proofing. Not sure what the regs are if we went full timber frame.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back