Small rear extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all! I’m looking at putting a small extension on the back of my house and would like it to be timber clad with a dwarf wall. I’ve done a few bits of renovation in the past and would like to tackle this myself. I know i’ll Require building regs etc. But just wanted some advice as to how about getting a small wall like in the pic shown? Few people have mentioned timber frame, it’s not close to the boundary wall but what other issues would I have with regards to fire regs?Many thanks.

Attachments

• B4434ECD-D3C3-4988-9DA3-653B85FD5DB8.png
    B4434ECD-D3C3-4988-9DA3-653B85FD5DB8.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 124
Sponsored Links
It was for both, however as it' s only going to be small (just over 3m sq) and nowhere near the boundry i think it will be ok.

That's not really a small wall in that photo. It's the foundation up to floor level.

For prevention of fire spread close to boundary, you deal with this by adding non combustible cement board to the frame.

Sponsored Links
The photo is only as a guide to what i would like not actual. And like i said previous it's near a boundary.

Whether or not you can clad the wall adjacent to the boundary in timber depends on 1. the distance to the boundary and 2. the actual area of the boundary-facing wall, and the percentage of that area which is timber-clad.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back