Small gap between ridge tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I noticed this gap between two ridge tiles. Thing is I've no idea how long it's been like that for. There is no water coming in the loft yet. The undersarking looks to be fairly sound in that part of the roof.

Question: we've stong winds forecast (45mphs) and rain over the next 4 days. Are the other ridge tiles likely to in place with wind that strong and is this something a roofer can 'fill in' or even take out a ridge vent for a ridge vent.

Thing is it may have been like that for a week, or a year, no idea. I'll call my roofer in January once people are back.

Attachments

• 20221227_093006.jpg
    20221227_093006.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 52
Sponsored Links
Hi,

I noticed this gap between two ridge tiles. Thing is I've no idea how long it's been like that for. There is no water coming in the loft yet. The undersarking looks to be fairly sound in that part of the roof.

Question: we've stong winds forecast (45mphs) and rain over the next 4 days. Are the other ridge tiles likely to in place with wind that strong and is this something a roofer can 'fill in' or even take out a ridge vent for a ridge vent.

Thing is it may have been like that for a week, or a year, no idea. I'll call my roofer in January once people are back.
Considering phone camera technology and the proliferation of phones generally, that's a pretty poor photo effort by anyone's' standards.

I've seen worse fare better and I've seen better fare worse. Depends on the (wind) conditions and how the vortex affects the tiles. Is your roofing felt pretty much intact?

Considering phone camera technology and the proliferation of phones generally, that's a pretty poor photo effort by anyone's' standards.

I've seen worse fare better and I've seen better fare worse. Depends on the (wind) conditions and how the vortex affects the tiles. Is your roofing felt pretty much intact?
Thanks, yes, its not the best picture, sorry.

And yes, I think so. The loft space is dry and felt all looks dry.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back