small patio

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all

i need to lay about 6 concrete flags not really a patio basically just trying to finish off the garden so it looks neater ive read the other posts about patios and i understand i need the mot and wet bed but how thick should the mot and wet bed be and because its onlya small area i need to do what is the best way to compact the mot (without mechanical help) just one more thing what is the best way to cut flags
Cheers all i would appreciate your comments

Sponsored Links
e normally lay a patio on a 100mm bed of mot and a wet bed of mortar. If its a really small amount and its only for foot traffic you could lay them direct onto compacted soil. You can compact the mot with a piece of timber or just with regular foot traffic over a period of time. youll need an angle ginder to cut them

Sponsored Links
cheers guys

ive actually got two bits of patching to do one for a shed on top that doesnt need any cutting of flags (so ill defo use the mot under that) and ill use that patch as practice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back