Small roof leak, does plasterboard need changing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There was some heavy rain last week, and a house we rent got a Small leak 9n master bedroom, we have repaired leak and we immediately with 2 hours of the leak found stopped leak and then put a dehumidifier. A few days later, jus5 a bit of staining, I checked the damp reading using a reader, and there’s no difference compared to the rest of ciel8ng, 8mcluding additional roof. However the tennant wants plasterboard replaced as damp is bad. Do I really need to d that? I believe it was a one off leak, and it’s not growing black mould. See attached picture.

Attachments

• IMG_4956.jpeg
    IMG_4956.jpeg
    123.9 KB · Views: 40
Sponsored Links
If the moisture content in that area is the same as all over, (well, the majority of the rest of the ceiling), I would just give it a coat of stain blocker then two coats of appropriate ceiling paint. If yu have access to above the ceiling, (which it appears you do to have been able to fix the leak), just check the upper surface isn't wet.
Don't be bullied by a tenant into doing unnecessary work. If you give in to this demand, they will harass you for every little thing that happens to be replaced.

Wait 3 weeks then stain block then paint the whole ceiling with white matt elmusion.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back