Small room after partition - should I?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I own a one bed flat. It is valued at approx. 370k. Some two beds around me go for 420k and they are not much bigger than my place (galley kitchen instead of my kitchen diner). As such I am thinking about dividing my living room which is 5.5m x 3.4m and putting in a bedroom. Do you think its okay to make the bedroom as small as the below? Because of a little jut out on the front of the flat it is the only size I can really make it. I think I could do most of the work myself...

Thanks!

Jon

Attachments

• room jpeg.jpg
    room jpeg.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 152
Sponsored Links
Seen many smaller, so provided you can get a window, bed and minimal storage it should be OK. The alcove would lend itself to built in wardrobe.

going to be a bit tight with the arc off the door
you need something like 1300-1400[4ft3-4ft6"]ish wide by 1950-2000mm long
with the door being at the 2350 point down the room a 1300 bed will be overlapping the door by 400mm approximately 350-400m from the face off the door
now if your door is a standard 762mm[30"] and its say 70mm[3"] architraves away from the wall then the other edge off the door will 830mm ish from the wall

if your hoping to place it long ways under the window it needs to be about 300mm longer than the bed to manoover in to place

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back