Small section of pipe work replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A very quick question, i just moved into a new house and under the sink where the mains comes into the house there is connections to the sink, outside tap and dishwasher. The previous owner had used some of these clamps that peice the pipe the outside tap is a mess so I was going to replace with some proper pipework, also the dishwasher connection is at the extreme top of the pipework which means the pipe from the dishwasher is stretched to its maximum......doesn't look good practice.

My main question is I'm going to replace as much as possiable to make it neater and re-position the dishwasher outlet. Because it is so tight in space I'm going to use speedfit as I don't fancy using a naked flame in the that position. To ensure the pipework is suitably supported will I get away with it be self supported I would expect at most horizontal would be a 6" peice and vertically 12" where it will connect to copper pipe?

Cheers
Ant[/img]

Sponsored Links
You'll more likely need some pipe clips if your going to be screwing d/washer hoses etc on to the pipework.

Flame will be ok working under sink cupboards or use compression fittings/copper pipe.
Looks dam sight tidyer.

Thanks for a quick reply,
I've got loads of the speedfit fittings from another job do you think using copper with them fitting would be a better option?

Ant

Not really a fan of speedfit under sinks anyway always looks scuffy.
But yes using copper pipe with speedfit fitting will look better and be more sturdy.

Sponsored Links
Thanks again,
I'm a mechanical engineer by trade and when I've been doing control systems we've used alot of Festo and SMC fitting, to be honest they have been around donkeys years. Anyway they work on the push fit principal for pneumatic air, very rare for them to leak if installed correctly. When I saw the speedfit they are more or less identical but for water to be honest I'm not sure if I'd ever bother with soldered joints anymore (well stuff Id every want to do on the house plumbing) but I guess it's down to experience / preferenace what you'd use.

Thanks for the reply though you confirmed what I was thinking,
Cheers
Ant

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back