Remove or reduce height soil stack

Yes, but it might not be the correct type. Is there a name/number on it you can look up?

Sponsored Links
I have a AAV that my builder got for me, thats a durgo valve right? is it just a push fit item after the cut has been made?
If that type then yes. Some have finned connectors, push into the top of the pipe, others have a socket and need to be Glued on.

Thanks for the advice chaps. I have a push fit McAlpine Vp50, unfortunately the reviews look terrible but I didn't buy it my builder did.

I have cut the stack and fitted this on top, hopefully it sorts me out for a while.

The bit that is left in the ceiling should I cap it off on the roof? at the moment its one of those vent caps or will that be enough to stop water coming in?

If its temporary, pending later removal of the soil pipe and making good the hole in the roof, and it's one of the 'Mushroom' style caps, then I'd chance your arm. If you are leaving the pipe in situ long term then I'd put a sealed cap on it.

Sponsored Links
Yeah it will be a long term thing otherwise it means repair to the roof, I will buy a plug for the top then, many thanks for all your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back