Running Waste For Sink & Dishwasher To Soil Stack

Many thanks gents, much appreciated. Would you say I am ok to get our Quartz worktops fitted and the plumbing side of things shouldn't be too much of an issue as I can still pull the dishwasher out.

Sponsored Links
I'd get the plumbing sorted first, always easier when access is least restricted.
Trouble is I need the sink in situ don't I? The sink is undermount, so I can really Plumb the waste in until that's in or would you start from the stack run the waste at a 1:40 incline towards sink by chasing out blockwork then its there for when you need to connect

Trouble is I need the sink in situ don't I? The sink is undermount, so I can really Plumb the waste in until that's in or would you start from the stack run the waste at a 1:40 incline towards sink by chasing out blockwork then its there for when you need to connect

Yes. Run from stack to sink location.
Leave waste stub sticking out of wall.
Do same with hot and cold supplies.
Drill holes at relevant points in backboard of sink carcass. Push sink carcass over pipes and back to wall and fix in place.
Complete rest of kitchen. Do second fix sink plumbing when everything is in place, from inside the sink carcass. Keep supplies as low down as you can in sink carcass to make it easier for you to 2nd fix as there's not much room with and under mount sink.

Sponsored Links
If you're unsure what height to run the pipes into the cabinet at and want to minimise the amount of waste pipework on show or you are fitting shelves and want to minimise the butchering then sit the sink with waste and trap attached on top of the carcase and then add the thickness of the worktop, that'll give you a rough idea of the height of the trap outlet. You can then run the waste pipe into the cabinet a little lower than that to give you room for adjustment.

When DIY'ing always try to dry fit where possible to ensure everything is going to fit and it's where you want it before fixing in cabinets etc

If you're unsure what height to run the pipes into the cabinet at and want to minimise the amount of waste pipework on show or you are fitting shelves and want to minimise the butchering then sit the sink with waste and trap attached on top of the carcase and then add the thickness of the worktop, that'll give you a rough idea of the height of the trap outlet. You can then run the waste pipe into the cabinet a little lower than that to give you room for adjustment.

When DIY'ing always try to dry fit where possible to ensure everything is going to fit and it's where you want it before fixing in cabinets etc

Its an undermount mate.
Won't be much room and there won't be much on show. Low down as possible and long hoses on the tap which will be fitted to the worktop behind the presumable belfast style sink.

Yes. Run from stack to sink location.
Leave waste stub sticking out of wall.
Do same with hot and cold supplies.
Drill holes at relevant points in backboard of sink carcass. Push sink carcass over pipes and back to wall and fix in place.
Complete rest of kitchen. Do second fix sink plumbing when everything is in place, from inside the sink carcass. Keep supplies as low down as you can in sink carcass to make it easier for you to 2nd fix as there's not much room with and under mount sink.
Really good point about the supplies. Unfortunately they are already in and protruding through the top of the unit! Do you think it's worth removing the sink unit and lowering the hot and cold to come in through the bottom

Its an undermount mate.
Won't be much room and there won't be much on show. Low down as possible and long hoses on the tap which will be fitted to the worktop behind the presumable belfast style sink.
It's a blanco sublime 1.5 bowl granite if that helps, is there a waste connection that takes up minimal height for two bowls and a dishwasher?

Really good point about the supplies. Unfortunately they are already in and protruding through the top of the unit! Do you think it's worth removing the sink unit and lowering the hot and cold to come in through the bottom

I would. Have fitted about a dozen undermount sinks this year and you want to make it easy for yourself.
I always bring the services into the unit low down and plumb up to the appliances with service valves in line. Usually also a cold supply to dishwasher, washing machine, plus outside tap to go back out through the exterior wall, water filters, instant boil taps and all the other gear that people want these days! It'll make your life easier for future maintenance and changes too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back