Small size firedoor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Building control have informed me I need to install a fire door between the hallway and the area in between that and the kitchen.
However, I've only got 76cm between the wall and the wooden upright (which seems to support the stairs) on the left once I removed the old bit of panelling.
You can't really see the upright in the picture but it finishes at the same point as the plasterboard.
Is it possible to get fire door liner kits and doors small enough to fit in this gap?
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Just make your own frame up with some 32mm softwood. You could add some panelling to make it look like a panelled door but only after your BCO has signed the job off. Technically you would be harming the fire door and consequently your insurance would likely be invalidated too should the unthinkable happen.

Sponsored Links
no mention of a door closure?
if not then do you have to fit fire strips??

There won't be any need for a closer. The strips are not mandatory I believe if the OP were for example having a frame/door assembly supplied however when the door/frame is being put together like this I would expect the BCO to insist on the strips.

if a d/closer isnt needed then why is the need for a fire door in the 1st place,no good if its left open is it.

The rules changed a while back, too many people just remove the closers with kids off to A&E with squished fingers. It still allows the occupants to protect themselves, I always close my kitchen door at night, do you? Also with the arrival and fitment of smoke alarms during notifiable works giving better warning deaths have been dramatically reduced and this undoubtedly contributed to the reasoning.

ah ha,did wonder why.onus is on the occupier then?

i havnt got a door on my kitchen as its sort of open plan to the dining room,this then has a small door leading to the front room and staircase.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back