Small Van info

M

marsaday

Hello

I am wanting to get some info on the pros and cons of vans out there. I need a smallish van and was thinking of one of the following:

Vaux combo

Citroen nemo or berlingo

Vw caddy

I will do about 10k miles per yr, so not that much mileage.

I want to carry ladders and be able to get white goods in the back.

Anyone got any recommendations / avoids etc ?

Sponsored Links
Got a lease hire Fiat Doblo and think its a little belter!
1.6ltr Diesel, 6 gear + reverse, back doors unlatch to open 180 degrees and good sized sliding side door. 6 swivelling anchor points in the cargo bay and reversing sensors. Plenty of room in the cab. Not an important point for some but vital in my eyes, a HUGE screenwash bottle. I do 200-250 miles a week and put about £60-£65 of fuel in every 2 weeks. No speed restrictor and can really pull away easily.
My advice, select a few different model, check out spec and test drive them before you buy/lease.

Don`t lease.

Caddy good. Had one.
Berlingo`s are alright but the door splits all wrong.
Hated the Combo, but that was a while back I had that.

Caddy or the Transit is my vote.

Sponsored Links
Seems the fiat is pretty popular speaking to peeps.

Thanks for info.

Caddy good. Had one.
Berlingo`s are alright but the door splits all wrong.
Hated the Combo, but that was a while back I had that.

Caddy or the Transit is my vote.
I think I'd have to agree with that although I don't understand the comment about Berlingo/Partner door splits. In terms of box carrying I'd have to say the Connect has it (Caddys are so bloody expensive! - nice and quick, though), although I do like my Berlingo (my third Berlingo/Partner)
Seems the fiat is pretty popular speaking to peeps.
They have developed a bad reputation for expensive gearbox problems - take a look around some of the motoring forums. If tey are so good why are there so few secondhand ones around?

The way the rear doors are "split" ---how one is bigger than the other.
IIRC the bigger side is the first to close, it should be the first to open in my book.

No personal evidence but heard a few worrying tales from ex owners.
What sort of things? I'm asking because they are on my list of vehicles to look at when this one goes at the end of this year

No personal evidence but heard a few worrying tales from ex owners.
What sort of things? I'm asking because they are on my list of vehicles to look at when this one goes at the end of this year
Gearboxes mainly, a couple of moans about engine probs.
Bearing in mind, all complaints about vehicles are usually older models.
A 2005 van with clutch problems does not mean 2012 variants will have same problem.

I have a 61 reg renault kangoo and i love it and for the money its really well specified ive got sat nav , voice command, bluetooth , remote controls all as standard

I have a 61 reg renault kangoo and i love it and for the money its really well specified ive got sat nav , voice command, bluetooth , remote controls all as standard
OK, boasting apart, would it be any use for the OPs use? Kangoos are even smaller in the back than Berlingos/Partners (especia;;y the new ones) and have the same awful door split. Having a pile of cheap electronic bling is all very well, but that doesn't help when you can't get a fridge/freezer inside with the doors shut!

OK, boasting apart, would it be any use for the OPs use? Kangoos are even smaller in the back than Berlingos/Partners (especia;;y the new ones) and have the same awful door split. Having a pile of cheap electronic bling is all very well, but that doesn't help when you can't get a fridge/freezer inside with the doors shut!
And you're calling sat nav bling?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

No, but I wouldn't buy any commercial vehicle on the basis of the electronic toys. And you still haven't answered the OPs question about pros and cons......

I have a vauxhall combo it was bought new last year. Great van to drive the cab and driving controls are just like the old vauxhall corsa was. They are quite spacious in the back I've had a 2 seater sofa in the back of a combo a few years back. In this current van I've carried an electric cooker and a full size tumble dryer.

I reckon that I could get 4 standard 600mm appliances in the back and still have room for my toolbox.

It cost £60 or there about to fill the tank and it's quite economical in my opinion.

Sponsored Links
Back