Smallest "hold open" for top-hung cabinet door

bsr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have a small top-hinged door above my built-in microwave. The cabinetry is traditional - face-frame, butt hinged. The door is 600wx150h so small.

I've been looking for something to hold the door open. In my last house I used a gas lift but the Hafele ones require a 300h door as the minimum mounting depth is 200mm. Similarly the Klok stays and similar require a 400h door.

Any suggestions please? Something as small and discreet as possible. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
mine have sprung flap hinges now, which I prefer, but I formerly had something like

373.66.612P1.jpg

https://www.hafele.co.uk/en/product...tings-stays/8515602c8bb6254dd1b34f6b662413c2/

where it locks into position when you lift it up, and you push it up again to release the lock and let it fall. I had a problem with a visitor trying to pull the doors down, and wrenching the stay out.

Sponsored Links
it was more to arm you with what to look for as the correct search term brings more choice :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back