Smart, hardwired alarm recommendations?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello everyone.

I’ve been running through the other threads and have been researching online for a new alarm system, but am drawing a blank.

My house had a hardwired system installed during its construction in the 1990s but it has long since failed. It’s nothing fancy: one front door sensor, three PIRs, a control box in the loft and a panel on the wall.

The advice seems to be that hard-wired is better, so I’m looking for a modern replacement. But I really need the ability to arm/disarm it remotely via my phone along with alerts when it’s sounded (live alone and work away, so there). I’d ideally like cctv integration too.

I can’t seem to find a system that is both hard-wired and “smart”: they all
seem to be wireless.

Would anyone be able to recommend a system? I’m happy to either install myself or pay someone to come and replace the existing system.

Thank you very much.

Sponsored Links
The euro 46 is basically the wired version of the pyronix enforcer you just need the buy the wifi or a Lan card separately.

It has app control and also integrates with hikvision CCTV systems.

Thanks guys, I’ll have a good look a time each of your suggestions. Just need to find a friendly fitter in Manchester now.

Sponsored Links
Friendly fitter?

As for systems that are smart.

Apps exist for most hard wired panels, just probably see most promoted with wireless systems.

Notifications and reliability is a concern, as all systems seem to go through periods of reliability issues, mainly after phone updates and server issues all will require good internet connections on the smart devices being used.

Friendly fitter?

As for systems that are smart.

Apps exist for most hard wired panels, just probably see most promoted with wireless systems.

Notifications and reliability is a concern, as all systems seem to go through periods of reliability issues, mainly after phone updates and server issues all will require good internet connections on the smart devices being used.

That’s really helpful, thank you. And just noted your location. Will drop you a message now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back