hardwired alarm shopping list needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi so i have been advised to go hardwired for my alarm, so i would need 3 pir's remote keypad panel, sounder, battery and cable and somehow to alert me on smart phone if activated if not too expensive otherwise drop this function, can anyone help with where to look and what ones are recommended and what to avoid ?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Depends on budget and preference.
I’d always go Texecom premier elite for hardwired

Sponsored Links
No door contact then.

lots of options depends on your budget and where you want to go next with it I guess

So you could go Texecom Kit 86, flog off the wireless Pirs on ebay, buy some hard wired ones and a bell box

Then you need cable and a battery 7Ah is the max the 64W would take, plus you could use the micro wireless contact for the front door and you could expand wirelessly later if you wish by buying wireless devices.

You should have a front door contact whether hard wired or wireless, don't know the rest of the layout so can't comment on what sensors you should have.

however a quick guide:-

PIR for every room down stairs and in the hallway would be the norm, with the landing omitted when set at night
Door contact on the entry door

However seen some very crazy layouts of homes, along with system design that makes the alarm effectively useless

So you could go Texecom Kit 86, flog off the wireless Pirs on ebay, buy some hard wired ones and a bell box

Then you need cable and a battery 7Ah is the max the 64W would take, plus you could use the micro wireless contact for the front door and you could expand wirelessly later if you wish by buying wireless devices.

You should have a front door contact whether hard wired or wireless, don't know the rest of the layout so can't comment on what sensors you should have.

however a quick guide:-

PIR for every room down stairs and in the hallway would be the norm, with the landing omitted when set at night
Door contact on the entry door

However seen some very crazy layouts of homes, along with system design that makes the alarm effectively useless
Thanks no downstairs front door at ground level leading up to hall/landing, and yes I forgot a door contact and the kit 86 is the type I was looking at but was looking for a complete kit

Where do you recommend buying from and first thing I am looking for is cable, any help on this as it will allow me to rough out the house ?
Thanks

The issue with kits is price and what you need, I have no idea of the property and its layout.

That kit is a hard wired keypad, panel and wireless detectors, but you could get money back selling the bits and it may work out more cost effective.

You need to do the maths the places I buy from don't sell to the public at all.

The hardwired keypad in that kit can take two zones so with the on built panel; zones you have 6 available and you only want 4 currently.

Kit 86 and sell off the bits you don't need
Odyssey X back plate and the odyx 1 or 3 cover
as for PIR's Premier Elite QD is a fair starting point (but don't know what you need as don't know where they are for)
Yuasa 7Ah battery

Only you can decide if the device meets the requirements of the environment its to be used in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back