Smart Thermostat Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a Worcester combi boiler which has the thermostat built in. I want to get a nest or something similar but every video I see shows an existing thermostat somewhere in the home. Does this mean I won't be able to use a smart thermostat if I have this boiler? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0564.JPG
    IMG_0564.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 76
Sponsored Links
You would need to remove or disconnect the existing timeclock, then you can connect Nest to boiler

Regards

Does that mean there has to be a cable running from the boiler to the thermostat ?

With nest you get a heatlink, you will need to fit near boiler then run 240v supply to heatlink, then a switched live from nest heatlink into boiler RT connection.

Sponsored Links
Won't be able to do it then. There isn't a plug socket near my boiler

You'd need to get a gas safe engineer to take a supply from the boiler using 4core cable, doesn't need a separate supply

Ok thanks. Would a Worcester Wave work in the same way ? I heard they are better?

That would be other suggestion, with worcester wave it's plug and play, you would just unclipped existing timeclock and replace with comfort receiver for the wave. You will get weather compensation and control through using WiFi with wave

Thanks. Would I need to buy the comfort receiver separately?

Contents don't mention including receiver

Attachments

• IMG_0565.PNG
    IMG_0565.PNG
    218.6 KB · Views: 72
Sorry, was thinking of different manufacturer. The wave doesn't need 240v supply but does needs low voltage wiring into boiler.

I used a telephone 4 core cable, that's easy to route between your boiler and wave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back