Smartcom not connecting to the Internet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there any way I can reset the power to the Smatcom to have it connect to a new Draytek Mesh?

I have a Draytek 2927ax router with three AP906's Mesh nodes.

The SSID's are the same as before and so is the Password.

I have 40+ nodes/devices on the same network and a Drayrek 2927 can handle up to 120 nodes/devices.

It's been a while since I have connected to the SamrtCom via Wintex (probably years) - I had an alarm trigger at night, it's always night, and needed to look at the logs.

I'm also getting a 'System Alert' on the Keypad - 'ATS Path Fault' and 'Com 1 Fault'.

I'm assuming the SmartCom has lost internet connection.

Do I just put the system into Engineer Mode (keypad mode) and open the SmartCom and remove the power for a while then reconnect?

Or any suggestions?

Regards,

Bob....

Sponsored Links
Two questions:

1, What MAC address does Texecom use? Can't find Texecom on the MAC address look-up site.

2, If I start to deploy Z-Wave devices will it interfere or, perhaps, help the Texecom Ricochet communicate with the panel via more hops?

Regards,

Bob...

Z-Wave uses similar frequency to Texecom Ricochet. It might interfere, it certainly won't help the Ricochet communicate with the panel. Ricochet devices only hop through other Ricochet devices, they don't hop through Z-Wave devices.

Sponsored Links
Has the firmware on the SmartCom ever been updated? You say you haven't connected to it for (probably years). There have been firmware updates over the years to refresh the security certificate that the SmartCom uses to connect to the Texecom servers. If the SmartCom firmware is very old the SmartCom may need to be replaced.

un plug smart com, re plug in smart com it should reboot and attempt to reconnect.

in engineering try and generate app code, if you can, make sure wintex is latest version as otherwise it won’t connect.

Thanks, guys for the advice: I remember some years back when one needed to update the firmware in the SamrtCom to stop it from going out of date and bricking. My SmartCom was updated to help stop this..

Thanks for the MAC addresses, the one starting in 00-0B-6C comes back as:-

Devices with MAC addresses that start with 00-0B-6C were manufactured by Sychip Inc

Had to do the garden today and fill out an NHS questionnaire, knee operation soon - I'll try and rest the SmartCom tomorrow
as it's in my roof..

If I keep the unit in Engineering Mode then the tamper on the SmartCom should not trigger the bells???

Wintex is version 8.X

Another question:

Q1 - I have three micro-vibration sensors on three back windows: one of them triggered the alarm twice. I found out
that the battery was down to 2.6V there was no indication that it needed changing. Should it signal low battery or is one expected
to change the batteries in good time?

Q2 - how do I reply to just one of these replies?

Regards,

Bob....

The bells don’t normally trigger the external bell but yes best to be in engineering as you may do other things.

Latest wintex is on Texecom’s website and it’s 8.2 as of this afternoon and that needs the to be upto date if using the smart com to connect due to the security certificate.

Q1. Once one goes they all follow suit, I would swap all the batteries before you have the op if your able.

Unfortunately some messing around with battery faults reporting but often get tamper faults instead these days.

Q2. Not sure what you mean.

I can confirm the mac address on Wi-Fi as did one this afternoon that had apparently stop connecting, two weeks after a service.

Turns out the customer turned off the 2.4 Wi-Fi on the router, even with that sorted it came up with incorrect config. Not sure if I was rushing it but hey ho.

However this was on 6.02 firmware and latest smart comnfirmware and enabled the texecom monitor and this checked the udl passcode and then generated an app code dam coincidence I hope.

So cloud upgraded to 6.03 so that with texecom monitor enabled the user can reboot the smart com from the keypad.

Hi guys,

I reset the SamrtCom today and it's all connecting to my network 2.5Gb

I now need to update the Firmware in both the 64W and SmartCom.

I have a Cloud Account with Texecom and have logged in.

I have managed to find the Upgrade Firmware Page for the 64W but I'm not sure what file to select.

Please see the attached PDF - do I have the correct file selected? I don't want to brick my 64W

Thanks for any help..

Regards,

Bob...

Attachments

• Texe Firmware snap.pdf
    36.1 KB · Views: 55
smart com upgrade first and then panel upgrade when finished.

needs version 5 panel firmware or above to use panel upgrade.

Hi guys,

I reset the SamrtCom today and it's all connecting to my network 2.5Gb

I now need to update the Firmware in both the 64W and SmartCom.

I have a Cloud Account with Texecom and have logged in.

I have managed to find the Upgrade Firmware Page for the 64W but I'm not sure what file to select.

Please see the attached PDF - do I have the correct file selected? I don't want to brick my 64W

Thanks for any help..

Regards,

Bob...

Hi Guys,

I have managed to upgrade my SmartCom to 04-03-01

Now i'm trying to upgrade the 64W and get this warning:-

You have selected to upgrade the firmware on the Premier Elite panel which requires confirmation from the site.

Outputs relating to signalling and connected safety devices may activate during the upgrade. Please consider the implications of this: ie:
1. Ensure monitoring is 'on test'
2. Safety devices/sounders are disabled or disconnected on site.

Please note: Firmware upgrade should only be completed with the SmartCom connected via the Texecom supplied 60 cm cable.

Are you sure you wish to continue?

Not sure what this means?

Does 1, mean put the panel into walk test mode or what mode does it mean???

2, does this mean; put the sounders into hold off mode.. Should one expect the sounders to trigger during this upgrade?

What does this mean:- SmartCom connected via the Texecom supplied 60 cm cable.

I was about to just press the upgrade button but I thought better of it...

Any help much appreciated,

Bob...

This is why some end users shouldn't have access to these features.

You can ask Texecom to clarify if you wish.

1. the system wont be monitored by an ARC normally if its an end user install, if it is make sure it is placed on test.

2. we wouldnt usually disable the system bells as it should only be temporary blip and sound of the sirens however if things go wrong it could leave the outside bell ringing until the 15 minutes are up, dont believe that applies to the wireless bells.

you can disable the bell in accordance with the manufacturers instructions if it is wired according to those instructions.

Texecom bell for example can be disabled in engineers utilities bell test omit, this works for wireless and hard wired bells . the wireless bell would have to receive the instruction (so if in supervision fault it may not disable the bell),, hard wired it would need the strobe connected and functioning normally.

Other systems bells will vary in how they are disabled, often a wire from an output set as engineer working to the appropriate bell terminal.

Hi Secureiam,

Thanks for all your help and advice, you've been most helpful.

I now have my SmartCom and 64W panel up to the latest firmware without much fuss and trouble.

Now I'm all up to date what should I know about the new firmware that is a good feature to know about?

I have signed up for Pounds 7 per year so I can run diagnostics and configure via the cloud account rather than with Wintex. However:
Wintex seems more intuitive than the cloud version.

Again, thanks for taking the time to help.

Regards,

Bob...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back