Texecom Smartcom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My wifi provider was changed, so I am trying to connect my Smartcom to the new Wifi Connection so that I can reconnect my app.

However, I am getting a “no internet connection” message (as seen on the screenshot below) when I’m trying to connect to Smartcom. I am unable to connect to the Smartcom, as the connection never completes.

On my Smartcom, the cloud and wifi lights are flashing. There are no other lights illuminated - not even the power light.

Any suggestions are appreciated as I am unable to find any instructions regarding what to do to resolve this issue.

Attachments

• 067F63AD-16A5-4538-8916-AA9F4598A058.jpeg
    067F63AD-16A5-4538-8916-AA9F4598A058.jpeg
    86.9 KB · Views: 129
Sponsored Links
Firstly the smart com ssid doesn't have an internet connection.

You connect to the ssid of my the smart com which you have done.

Use IP address 192.168.2.1 into your phon we s browser, y of u should get the setup page.

Select the ssid of your WiFI network and enter it's paasword then you can leave that page.

If the lights don't settle down, remove cable from the smart com and then plug it back in n.

Thanks for the reply. I am unable to connect to the SSID on several different devices. I can find the SSID and the password is accepted (as in previous post’s attached picture), but the devices never connect and therefore the 192 never loads.

I have attached a picture of the Smartcom. The WIFI light is flashing and happened to be off when I took the photo. Do I just remove the wire from the main control panel or pull it out of this smart com?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 127
you can do either, easier in some respects to do it from the smart com.

however your smart device needs to connect to the smartcom ssid, using its password, then you can connect to the interface and program the connection for the wifi.

You wont resolve unless you hard wire it or connect to the smart com and program up the smart com unfortunately.

Sponsored Links
The easiest way is to log into your new ISP router and set the WiFi details (ssid and password) to be the same as what your old setup was.
That way the Smart Comm will re-establish the WiFi link.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back