Smeg DF612SE

//www.diynot.com/network/AlfieNoakes2/albums/

Thanks for putting the pictures up!

I had the same E8 error code after I sluiced out the dishwasher as it was giving an E9 error code (out of the frying pan...)

I guess the dislodged muck and lime scale caused the alternate valve to get stuck so I removed it as described (it's easier to lay the dishwasher on the left side as you look at the front while you do this.

Prize off the bottom cover starting with the two hooked clips at the front, then gently un-clip the sides and the back then hinges out.

I cut the cable tie holding the wires together, and unplugged the alternate valve to make life easier - and took photos with my phone the whole way through in case I had problems putting it all back together.

Followed the great instructions on how to disconnect the rest, and then soaked the unit in limescale remover for an hour, washed it out and then manually twisted it a little to ensure it was relatively free turning (it is still tight to turn)

Reassembled and added a new cable tie to keep the wires out of the way - checked everything was reconnected correctly and then put it all back together.

First time it tried to run I still got the E8 error, so put some relatively hot water from the kettle into the main tray to free things up, re-ran the program and now all looks good.

Thanks again for the great advice, and if you have a vague DIY bone in your body (and a good pair of pliers to squeeze the hose clips to loosen and re position them) then you should be able to fix yours too :)

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

E8 error code on my smeg (approx 5 years old). I followed the instructions on this thread, however after re-assembly I still had the E8 code. I then tried adding some hot water like mentioned in the last thread but this did not work. Should I try and de-scale the whole value (minus the electrics) and try again? Also the small switch on the unit, could this have failed and would a electrical tester prove this (i.e. diode or resistance test)?? Or should I bit the bullet and replace the diverter valve??

Thanks for any replies.

Mark

Hi all,

E8 error code on my smeg (approx 5 years old). I followed the instructions on this thread, however after re-assembly I still had the E8 code. I then tried adding some hot water like mentioned in the last thread but this did not work. Should I try and de-scale the whole value (minus the electrics) and try again? Also the small switch on the unit, could this have failed and would a electrical tester prove this (i.e. diode or resistance test)?? Or should I bit the bullet and replace the diverter valve??

Thanks for any replies.

Mark

Hi Mark

You can test the micro switch using a multimeter on resistance / continuity test settings - the multimeter should beep when it is closed.

Try running the machine on the single cup setting for a few times - this doesn't need to re-route the water between the internal trays and on mine allowed the system to reset itself.

In the end with our unit, after another 6 or so months the error happened again so I bought a replacement online (£60 quid odd if I remember correctly if you search around by the part number on Google), fitted that, ran in on cup setting a few times to get it to reset, and then it's been good ever since.

Hope that helps!

Hi all,

Thanks for any replies.

Mark

Hi Mark

You can test the micro switch using a multimeter on resistance / continuity test settings - the multimeter should beep when it is closed.

Try running the machine on the single cup setting for a few times - this doesn't need to re-route the water between the internal trays and on mine allowed the system to reset itself.

In the end with our unit, after another 6 or so months the error happened again so I bought a replacement online (£60 quid odd if I remember correctly if you search around by the part number on Google), fitted that, ran in on cup setting a few times to get it to reset, and then it's been good ever since.

Hope that helps!

Cheers for reply. Yep I get a bleep when switch closed so looks like the switch is ok. Also when I spin the small motor I get current passed to the orange terminals so that also looks good too. So the electrics seem ok and the mechanical stuff all seems to spin well so I'm a little hesitant to go out and buy a replacement (unless its still likely this has a fault)?? About to put it back together again and re-test but assuming the same result, am I wasting £60 if I buy a new diverter??

Sponsored Links
Cheers for reply. Yep I get a bleep when switch closed so looks like the switch is ok. Also when I spin the small motor I get current passed to the orange terminals so that also looks good too. So the electrics seem ok and the mechanical stuff all seems to spin well so I'm a little hesitant to go out and buy a replacement (unless its still likely this has a fault)?? About to put it back together again and re-test but assuming the same result, am I wasting £60 if I buy a new diverter??

Hi Mark

Would suggest - put it all back together, run a couple of cycles on rinse only (no stress on the alternate doing that) and then if they run, run a few cycles on the top layer only mode (single cup sign on the dial).

With mine, every time it got to the point of using the alternate valve for a few cycles it would fail with E8, but after pressing the continue/play button a few times it then got the alternate valve into the position that the pcb required and it continued fine.

Just (funnily enough) used it tonight again after loads of runs all fine :D

Alex

Cheers Alex.

After re-building last night I ran a quick test on the shortest run (I think glass on the picture and it worked finally :D). Will re-test on the same cycle a couple of times as your suggestion and then move on to normal use.

Many thanks for the advice (I really can't afford to replace a dishwasher this month)!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back