SMEG DF612SE Dishwasher Issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All -

I have a Smeg Dishwasher model DF612SE (Type: 10054, S/N: 41222 1644 0), that all of a sudden last night decided not to "wash".

At first I thought (as I had seen water collect at the bottom inside) that it was blocked, so opened up the "grate" and cleared out that area. After resetting the programme and starting the cycle again, I heard it empty (good!), then fill (good), then nothing except a hum of like a electric motor trying to work. After a few minutes, I cancelled the cycle and opened the door again - I got a faint smell of "burning" (kind of like when you had a scalextrix car and held it while trying to make it go! :)). I tried this a few more times but had the same issue. NB: no error codes show up - just shows as if the cycle is running as normal.

What's the verdict? I am ok to have a go opening the dishwasher but not sure where to look or does it just sound like the "motor" has gone and I need to get someone to replace?

Thanks in advance,

Darren

Sponsored Links
Could be the wash motor impellor is jammed, motor capacitor is defective, or the motor is history (unlikely but it happens).
Most Smeg's have a removable baseplate. Disconnect & lie the DW on its back then remove the baseplate to get at the wash motor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back