Smeg Dishwasher DF612SE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Can anyone help me?
A couple of weeks ago after running normal cycle I noticed that a pool of water had gathered in the bottom of my dishwasher as though it wasn't draining properly, I have checked the fliters are clean (they are) no pipes are blocked or bent or generally causing a blockage.

I rang an appliance repair man who came round and double checked all the pipes etc and then pressed lots of the buttons repeatedly, the dishwasher now won't turn on properly.
I filled the salt and rinse aid and it appeared to be back to normal but then 10 minutes after starting a cylce it stopped and all the lights turned off with the exception of the power light.
There is now water in a pool in the bottom again and when I turn the machine off and back on again still no lights come on.
When I press the buttons there is no beep and no lights.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

H

Sponsored Links
Let me get this straight....
The service engineer came out, checked the pipes & pressed lots of buttons...then disappeared without a word? (presumably presenting you with a bill on his way out). No explanation as to what the problem was or what he did (or didn't do) to rectify it? Did you ask?? And now the machine doesn't function at all?
You're kidding right?....or have I missed something here :confused:

Post the service & serial number (on a sticker on the door lip).

No, it wasn't THE service engineer it was just an appliance repair guy that I found in the yellow pages and no he didn't charge me.
i have since rung the Smeg service engineer and they recommended a Smeg approved company who are sending somone on tuesday but I'll have to pay them £60+VAT to look at it and diagnose the problem. so any advice in the meantime I would be grateful of

thanks

Why didn't you say that the first time around...or just re-edit your post.
Ok..It sound like a pump issue or a blockage. Have you broken any glasses in there lately?
It will be easier to help if you post the service numbers....

Sponsored Links
Well the Appliance repair guy that came round (the one from yell.com) said that the pump was working fine and he checked for blockages in the pipe and there was none.
I checked myself for any kinks in the pipe, again none and as I mentioned in my original post I also checked the filters were clean and they are.

I definitely haven't broken any glasses in there, if it would be blocked with anything the only thing i can think is that it would be food debris or a build up of grease perhaps over time - but as I say the pipe was checked and there's no blockage?

Just checked for the service number on the lip of the door and I assume it's the number with "S/N" next to it and in which case its 60328 0826 0

Thanks again

If it doesn't pump out properly then it boils down to a drain issue. If it is not the pump then it could be either a plumbing issue or the matrix/pipes are partially blocked. There should be another number on the nameplate (it may begin with "85"). How old is this machine? From the s/n it looks like it was produced in 2003. Smeg is an Italian company; but your dishwasher could be produced anywhere in Europe; or even the far East.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back