SMEG DI6012-1 dishwasher - how to replace inlet valve / softener unit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, looking for a bit of help please. My dishwasher is constantly filling when off, there is a trickle of water coming into the main chamber from the air brake. This then floods the bottom which causes an error and constant pump when on.

I took it apart and can see that the airbrake is filling constantly, I think the issue is the inlet valve as we are in a hard water area so assume it is stuck open.

Does anyone know how to replace the inlet valve / the entire softener kit that includes the inlet valve? From what I can see, the bottom of the rear of the dishwasher is not removable and even when I released the salt container from the inner chamber, there didn't seem to be enough wiggle room to move it down far enough for the screwthread to clear the chamber.

Thanks a lot

Sponsored Links
In case it helps anyone, the bottom tray is removable so I put the dishwasher on its side, unclipped the bottom tray and now there is plenty of room to maneuver.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back