SMEG Dishwasher DWi 710 E1 - error

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

new here and hoping someone can help me. I have a SMEG Dishwasher DWI 710 E1 and there is a problem. It starts OK and then about 5 mins into the cycle (after what appears to be the initial rinse cycle) it stops.

The lights on the panel are as follows:
1-3 flashing
4 off
5 on

This is not a standard code from the manual and I am not sure what it refers to. I have had similar problems in the past but these were always resolved by cleaning out the filters in the base of the dishwasher and soaking up the excess water if any. I have repeated this again this time, but the error persists.

I have also tried a power reset, but again no results.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Kieran.

Sponsored Links
A bit more digging and I found this:

E7 – Flow meter failure
This alarm is generated when the pcb timer card does not detect any signal coming from the flow meter.
This defect can be caused by, but not only, a defective flow meter which is sometimes referred to as the turbine.

Based on this - is this a home job or would I be better putting in a service call on a 7 yr old dshwasher

Sponsored Links
If I recall the brake tank is on the left hand side as you look at the front behind the side panel.

Unplug
remove the top (if it has one)
remove the side panel
the flow meter/turbine is usually towards the back and low down on the tank.

remove the plug on it and check the contacts then refit 'sometimes this is all thats needed to be done. other wise check the contacts on the PCB which is mounted in the door.

when filling see if the impellor rotates with the water.

I completely forgot to reply to this... I know re-opening an old thread.

BUT it worked a treat. The reset suggested by Leccy758 did not fix it outright, but presented with a different error code which allowed me to do a software reset as follows:

"open the door, switch it off,
switch it on and immediately press the program button 4 times within 3 seconds. (Don't wait for any lights when you switch it on, just quickly press the button 4 times).
The two end lights should light up. Press the program button and one of the lights should go off.
Switch it off for about 20 seconds, switch it on, switch it off for about 20 seconds, switch it on and it should be reset."

All working.

Just posted so that others who find this thread will know what to do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back