SMEG dishwasher problem! HELP

OaG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I had an E1 alarm (anti flooding/aquastop) on my Smeg dishwasher (8 years old, still looked new inside). I have pulled the whole thing out. and removed the plastic base. All hoses are well attached, eletricals looked ok too etc. I first found water leaking under the machine (onto the kictchen floor). Then I traced what the machine was doing and found it looked like to be designed like this. let me explain:

I have also found there is water inside the machine (under the bottom tray, where the filter is). Is this normal?

I have detached the water tank and inspected the process the DW tried to do:

1. It fills water to the tank (middle section) to a certain level for 2/3 times and empties the water out first, (there was still about 1/2 cm residue water in the tank tho.)

2. Then it tried to fill the tank with more water (into the upper component in the water tank), Then water will be (simultaneously) filled into some interesting looking water labyrinth at the very bottom of the water tank, which will then flood into a very small triangle where there is an open hole. The water will than leak out the "designed hole" (on the the bottom plastic of the machine almost touching the eletricals and onto the floor eventually) Because of this seemingly design flooding out, water will not fill up the top section of the water tank and the machine then detects this leak stops feeding water and push the water out the sewer again.

Then the DW repeats this process twice and beeps and E1 alarms comes up.

Diagnoses so far:

1. No obvious pipe leak, component brakeage anywhere.
2. DW draws and dumps water OK.
3. Found residue water inside the cabinet (where the filter is)
4. Found water leaks out water tank inside the component cavity and onto the floor. This looked like a designed process, part of Aquastop?
5. There is some electricals there looked like sensor and pressure controller etc.
6. Did not find "floating switch" etc.

Possible cause:

The cause of the water goes out of the water tank maybe caused by?

1. Pressure problem in the water tank?
2. Residue water in the water tank/base inside the cabinet?
3. etc

Please help me to DIY this. I have spent 6 hours on this. Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
Also tried to "Reset"

Press Func button 4 times in 3 seconds when the manchine just switched on.

LED5 (rightmost) flashes, and if push the door close, the machine will go through a series of activities which washes (hot water) rinses the WD and the LEDs goes into a series of sequences (not alarms, described by some other documents.

It finishes this sequence with ALL 5 LEDs Flashing. The tablets were not used during this cycle only the rinse aids.

After this normal cycle fails again (goes through the problems I have described the first post.)

Sponsored Links
Even though this post is very old, I have taken the trouble to sign up and log in as I have had the exact same problem and can find absolutely nothing on the web to help. After spending quite some time on this, I discovered that the leak from the Air Break on the Smeg ST662e was coming from a small square hole. This turned out to be the water inlet valve allowing too much water flow into the air break, which overflowed causing the leak. All I had to do was turn the inlet water tap off and then open it a quarter of a turn and this sorted it out. The other option was to replace the inlet valve and it needs to be one that restricts flow to 6 liters per minute. I sincerely hope this helps someone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back