Smeg Dishwasher Stuck on Drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The Dishwasher has just finished a cycle and we neede some items in there so I opened the door to let the steam out & got what I needed instead of shutting the door I left it open quite a jar. The wife placed a bowl on top of the sink & the drainer to fill and unfortunately forgot about it this caused quite a flood though we quickly cleaned it up now quite a lot of water 3-4 litres fell off the worktop and into the Dishwasher I thought nothing off it. We loaded the dishwasher later that day & it seem stuck on a drain / pumping cycle & can’t get it to reset please help

Sponsored Links
might be flooded.

If it is freestanding, pull it away from the wall so you can see behind. Now tilt it BACKWARDS. Does water run out onto the floor from the undertray?

(don't tilt a dishwasher forward or water may get into the door, where the electrical controls are)

Sponsored Links
modern dishwashers have a pan underneath to collect leaks. If it fills up a float switch operates. Tipping it backwards will spill the water out.

MAny thanks JohnD it’s fixed! Yes there was water in the pan from the sink tap running in tipped it back came out on floor hey presto were back on business how did I ever live without one Cheers mate

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back