Bosch dishwasher stuck in cycle

Same problem - solution worked first time. many thanks for saving me at least £50 call out fee

:D

Sponsored Links
just wanted to say a HUGE thank you. We did what you said and we now have a working dishwasher. Your a genus.. :D :D :D

...your antiflood is active,Unplug the appliance,, to reset place a large towel behind the appliance and tilt the appliance back as far as you can allowing any water in the base to flow out onto your towel...

Too easy! Thanks. :D

I just had to register to say a MASSIVE thank you for the tip about tipping the machine backwards to clear the flood reservoir. I did it and the machine is now working perfectly again. The bad news is that my other half thinks I can now fix anything and is saying I should do all of the DIY!

You've saved me loads of money, really grateful.

Sponsored Links
Another tip to ensure the anti-flood stops being activated is to limit the amount of detergent used. A level teaspoon is the advice we got from ASKO technical support. Since following this advice our dishwasher has not had the anti-flood activated. Previous to this it activated at least once a month.

unfortunately this didn't work for me. I drained the bottom using a tube (the bottom compartment was quite full) then tipped the machine back and a bit more water came out.
BUT...where is the reset button?? I can't find anything that looks like a reset - do i need to press a combination of other buttons to reset?(have tried a few). I tried starting various programs, but no water will feed in so they don't get far.
I've also checked that the black rubber pipe isn't blocked.. it isn't.. and there is only a little water in the matrix. It's all looking like the anti-flood is stopping the water - when i turn the mains tap by the anti-flood box on and off i don't hear any water movement..

this is a fairly old machine - E no. SMI 203268/14 TYP S6R288

do i need a new one ?

Your machine is from a different era.Can you check the model no.Suspect the 68 is gb .

yes it could well be GB.. that part of the label is damaged so i can't se it clearly. it came with the house and i don't have the manual..

Awesome tip! After over a week of my hubbie tinkering about trying to get our dishwasher to work he now thinks I am some sort of miracle worker :D

I had to post that my husband and I decided to buy a new dishwasher, ours is 8 years old and wouldn't stop draining!!!
I had tried resetting the circuit breaker, and the cycles and nothing worked until I read this forum.
For me, I didn't have to move the appliance. I cleaned the filters and added about 2 quarts of water in the bottom of the dishwasher (it was bone dry) and then when I started the machine, it drained and stopped!!!
I am going to start saving money for a new dishwasher, but I don't have to do it right now.
Thanks for the great advice!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back