SMEG dishwasher water not getting to motor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Smeg DWF64 SSE, model: 10045.

I have had a few problems, and took it apart today, checked the hoses are clear etc, and put it back together. Now, I have a different problem to previously. When I turn the power on, it immediately starts a cycle (without selecting a cycle / pressing the start button). The motor starts, and the side reservoir fills with water from the mains. This reservoir then empties into the bottom of the inside of the unit, the motor continues to run but nothing else happens until I turn it off. All through this, the motor makes a high pitched whirring noise like it's spinning with no water in it. I am not sure what switch / solenoid / part controls the valves etc that get water from the inside of the unit to the motor, but that seems to be the point where it's getting stuck. It just continues to whir away until I turn it off.

Help! Many thanks if anybody knows what the problem is...

Ben

Sponsored Links
I had a SMEG dishwasher with a pump problem and discovered it had ingested a piece of glass which in turn had caused the pump impeller to shear off. Motor ran but no water moved. You can buy spare impellers seperately if this is your problem. Just a long shot.

Thanks, sounds like a good place to look - will check it out when I get a chance this week. Not sure if it's the problem - to me it sounds like the motor is turning over with no water in it. I think it would be quieter if there was water there but the blades weren't turning / were broken.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back