Smeg SUK61XPZ5 cooker - main oven thermostat is not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Smeg cooker oven seems to be heating properly but the oven thermostat not reaching even the lowest temperature settings and therefore not switching off when needed. It worked fine yesterday evening. I tried to unplug the cooker for 5 minutes to clear the settings but it did not help.

Has my thermostat gone? If so, would it be easier to replace it myself?

Thanks, Alex

Sponsored Links
I know its a long time since your post but I've been plagued by problems to do with window glass and thermostat. I'm an old geezer and I've never had a cooker blow on me prior to the smeg.

The glass has shatterred 4 times, and we've had two thermostats give up, all in the first 2 years. We now have insurance but the latest inner window shatter with thermostat fix would cost over £150 so our insurers Domestic and General aren't going to pay up.

I bought the smeg because I like cooking and the build quality seemed superior but now I'm convinced its all show and the parts are actually of a quality which means they need replacing regularly. I will never buy a smeg again, unless I can afford my own service technicians. Probably an OK product if value for money and regular failures don't bother you.

Buy cheap, you may not get the badge but you'll get a cooker fit for purpose.

Its about to go down the tip.... unless anyone can help me regarding how to stop the glass from shattering into thousands of tiny little pieces when I turn it on. I'll be damned if I'm going pay £150 only to have it go again next week.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back