Smell after central heating pipe leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just over a week ago I put a screw into a central heating pipe whilst fixing floorboards.

Now the room where the water leaked has a horrible smell. To start with I thought it was the after effects of the solder use when the pipe was replaced.

It's not improved and so I'm wondering if it could be from the wet plaster of the ceiling in room below where the leak occured.

Anyone any thoughts as to what the smell could be and how to fix it?

Thanks
Mark

Sponsored Links
If there was corrosion inhibitor in the system, that has quite a distinctive smell (difficult to describe) that can linger. It does disappear eventually, but it can take some time depending on how much drying out is required.

If there was corrosion inhibitor in the system, that has quite a distinctive smell (difficult to describe) that can linger. It does disappear eventually, but it can take some time depending on how much drying out is required.
Thanks for taking the time to responsed. Yes there was inhibitor in the system and quite a lot of water leaked. Certainly, is a difficult to describe yet unpleasant smell :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back