smell from bathroom sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

my sink in the bathroom was taking a long time to drain, so i used one of the mr muscle sink unblockers, this created the desired effect and now sink drains right.

BUT, it now has a horrible smell coming out of the plug hole, it smells like wet, damp, musty clothes smell and i have to put the plug in the sink so i cant smell it.

I have tried bleach and other cleaning agents, but the smell is still there, is there an easier way to get rid of the smell, or will i have to take the trap off to rinse it through.

thanks in advance

Juliex

Sponsored Links
the usual cause is long hair looping over the the plug hole plastic/metalwork and a progressive build up off soap and other crud
you need to remove all traces off hair or other material in the plughole and before the water trap to remove the smell

Sponsored Links
You are describing the smell of an open sewer. Check that there is water in the trap - you may have a partial blockage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back