Smoke and CO Alarms

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the process of moving house and trying to figure out what smoke and CO alarms I need at the new property.

I have FireAngel ST-622 smoke alarms at present which are combined optical and heat - however I notice they now to a ST-750T which looks to be the same except is advertised that it comes with a Panasonic battery. Is this the only difference or are these different units?

My second question is around positioning. The house is a fairly conventional 3 bed detached and I was thinking of installing smoke alarms in the living room downstairs - which is fairly central to the house in terms of floor space, and one on the landing upstais which leads to the 3 bedrooms and bathroom. Would anyone suggest anything different or additional - ought I to have another in the kitchen or a dedicated heat alarm such as the HT-630 or is what I've suggested sufficient?

In terms of CO alarms, the only gas appliance is a boiler which is in the garage - the garage is integral to the house and opens into the house - ought I to have a CO alarm in the garage or in the kitchen or do I not really need one? It's possible I'll replace the hob with a gas hob at some point in which case I guess I ought to have a CO alarm in the kitchen, or would it be more appropriate to position one further into the living space of the house?

Sponsored Links
Would need to look at the specifications to confirm differences.

manufacturers should supply instructions with information on best location for devices

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back