Smoke from exhaust on slow down after boost ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok to cut a long story short i had smoke coming out of the exhaust white/greyish color , Checked the pipes and found oil in rear so i swapped turbo , Now pipes are clean after a week driving it but the problem of the smoke is still there.

If i drive the car like a sunday driver and dont go to heavy on the accelerator ( not letting the bov vent out ) everything seems fine , But as soon as i use it hardish and the bov starts blowing off and then i let it slow a bit im getting a trail of smoke behind me for a few seconds , Anyone have any ideas as what i should be checking now ? .

John

Sponsored Links
Would the oil in the intercoolers not eventually get all put through the turbos with the pressure in the setup ? ,still been smoking about a week and a half now after turbo change .

what car is it? valve stem seals sound favourite

Its a mitsubishi gto v6 twin turbo , I thought if the vss were gone it would be smokey on idle ? .

John

Sponsored Links
If burning oil was the reason for the turbo change, then you have probably got oil that was carried over into the exhaust system. Two options, put up with it till it all burns off or change the exhaust.

;)

Ok to cut a long story short i had smoke coming out of the exhaust white/greyish color...

John

I'm assuming this is a diesel from your other posts.

Grey/white smoke is not oil burning. On a diesel it is a sign of unburnt fuel finding it's way into the exhaust. You may have injector problem so first thing to try is a good dose of injector cleaner.

Ok to cut a long story short i had smoke coming out of the exhaust white/greyish color...

John

I'm assuming this is a diesel from your other posts.

Grey/white smoke is not oil burning. On a diesel it is a sign of unburnt fuel finding it's way into the exhaust. You may have injector problem so first thing to try is a good dose of injector cleaner.

Hi

It's a petrol engine , A 1991 mitsubishi gto 3.0 v6 twin turbo .

Here's the culprit
IMGP3105-1.jpg

John

Ah.......... so it's been thrashed then :LOL:

Have a compression test done and see which oil ring you've killed

Ah.......... so it's been thrashed then :LOL:

Have a compression test done and see which oil ring you've killed

Im in the proccess of trying to make it a nice show car but a 17 year old motor needs a lot of tlc.

Had it 2 years and never been above .6 boost , never even done the quarter mile ( yet ) . Dont want to ruin all my work just yet.

Done a compression test about 4 month ago when i fitted all new timing gear and water pump all figures were within good limits lowest was 9 away from manual numbers.

John

Sponsored Links
Back