Smooth drill operation when drilling downlight holes

Can’t I move the hole saw over 1.5cm. Draw around it and widen the existing hole using a Stanley blade/plasterboard saw? The bezel of an enlite e8 will probably be wide enough to cover the gap or else I can fill it up.

Would that work?

Sponsored Links
Pity BAS is not still here. He would have told you not to have torches in the ceiling at all and why.

Can’t I move the hole saw over 1.5cm. Draw around it and widen the existing hole using a Stanley blade/plasterboard saw? The bezel of an enlite e8 will probably be wide enough to cover the gap or else I can fill it up.

Would that work?
Use the bodgie template I mentioned earlier. Then fill any gaps as necessary

Sponsored Links
Pity BAS is not still here. He would have told you not to have torches in the ceiling at all and why.
well he was wrong, downlighters create a great light source for a room

the lighting is visually far more interesting than a large single light

You actually need about double the wattage of a single light. You also end up will pools of light with dimness in between.

Can’t I move the hole saw over 1.5cm. Draw around it and widen the existing hole using a Stanley blade/plasterboard saw? The bezel of an enlite e8 will probably be wide enough to cover the gap or else I can fill it up. Would that work?
That's what I suggested in post #11

Kind Regards, John

You actually need about double the wattage of a single light. You also end up will pools of light with dimness in between.
Like BAS, your mind still seems to be in the era when all 'downlights' were 'spotlights'. Have you not noticed the very wide beam angle LEDs which are now available?

Surely that is a function of the angle of projection from the bulb?

Years ago, I obsessed about planning my ceiling lights. They were 35 degree spreads. I used trig to work out how much light would enter the wardrobes once opened. I had 500w of ceiling lights. My maths was waisted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back