smooth lintels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
having new build outside rendered soon but plasterer now says lintels above windows too smooth,he suggested something i think called scudding told it would be an extra 480 euros. although i thought a pva bonding agent would be adequate.any one any ideas

Sponsored Links
having new build outside rendered soon but plasterer now says lintels above windows too smooth,he suggested something i think called scudding told it would be an extra 480 euros. although i thought a pva bonding agent would be adequate.any one any ideas

Scudding is just a sand/cement (sometimes pva or sbr added) thrown onto the wall with a dasher/harling trowel.

If he is on about just scudding lintels, 480 euro is a bit much. If the blockwork needs scudding (standard practice in many parts of Ireland) that is a different story.

An SBR or waterproof pva slurry to lintel will be fine but have a a think about teh guy doing teh work - has he been recoommended and have you seen his work? How many other quotes have you got?

Plastering rates are very competitive in Ireland now -make sure you get a good deal , without compromising on quality.

What part are you in - might be able to get someone to have a look?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back