Smooth rendering over brand new pebble dash

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

This is my first post.

I have just had a rear extension built on a house I bought last summer, I haven't lived in the house yet. It's a 1930s house with brickwork on the front and pebble dash on the remaining 3 walls.

I had the extension finished in pebble dash to match the rest of the house and the same was done to the rear wall which was damaged after removing a chimney.

I was just trying to get everything to match but now I regret this stupid decision. I should have gone for a smooth render finish on the back wall and extension, it looks more modern.

What can be done to salvage this? Can a plasterer render over this new pebble dash or does it have to be removed first?

I'm not too fussed about the sides as I hardly ever see them. I will just get them painted the same colour as the rear.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back