Snappable lock?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is a lock on my mother's conservatory thing. I assume it's one of those euros which can be snapped and opened easily.
Replacement is a question of getting the length right, yes?
The 3rd pic is from outside.

Any particular recommendations for a replacement type/ source?

I think something like this would be ok?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B018GUHGG6?tag=secc-21&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

20210407_124538.jpg
20210407_124544.jpg
20210407_124554.jpg
20210407_124700.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Why does she need to unlock it from outside?

Neither do I. So mine does not have a keyhole on the outside. So no access to snap, bump or corkscrew.

Not sure how you would convert yours, I suppose a single-ended cylinder and a handle plate with no keyhole.

Sponsored Links
John am I missing something here, where has the OP said he doesn't want it opening from the outside, I can only assume you've imagined it going by your detest for euro cylinders and anything upvc

To the OP, you have the keys so its easy to just pop the cylinder out and measure, they are sized in 5mm increments but be careful if your thinking of knocking off 5mm on the outside measurement as in some cases it may leave the cylinder face just below the handle surface hence the next size up was being used by the manufacturer. When ordering make sure the anti snap part of the lock is on the outside or on the outside measurement

Google search anti snap, anti bump, anti drill and anti pick, and look for 3 star TS2007, theres Avocet ABS, Ultion, Yale but so long as its 3 star TS2007 you'll be good

Thanks Crank
OK so this is one which would snap.

Is see there is a half lock https://www.safe.co.uk/products/asec-6-pin-euro-half-cylinder-40-10-50.html
but that would leave a hole.

I'm sure it would cost more to adapt things to cover the hole on the outside.
There's 1 star, 1 star with break off part and 3 star cylinders, as well as 2 star security handles and 2 star security escutcheons.
Ugh.
OK, I'm not changing the escutcheon. I think the one I linked must be "1 star with break off part" . Do I want Pas24?
Dunno.
I'm bored now
But happy I found this:
---------Blimmin eck that's cheap.

upload_2021-5-10_13-30-44.png

""

The half barrel although will fit and work(from one side) is generally used on up and over garage doors when there isn't a requirement to lock them from inside and for pvc doors which have a blank handle outside so not really a suitable lock for you.

If security is an absolute must then 3* TS2007 it is, but its entirely your call.

PAS24 is just a standard a door or window is made to from a security point of view, the whole frame, locking mech and handles, PAS24 just means the barrel complies with PAS24 in case you wanted a PAS24 door, cheaper barrels might not reach the same standard so couldn't be used in a PAS24 door

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back