snappy drill bits

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i got myself a set of snappy hex style drill bits, so i can use them without taking my snappy chuck from my drill, have just opened them and realised that not one of them are straight, if i used them they would proberably make a hole twice the size they should,

is this a regular problem with them?
is there any way they can be fixed?

any help will be appreciated

thanks
tom

Sponsored Links
Poor quality and p**s poor quality control. China can do a lot better, Trend sell off the rejects cheap but they are still rejects for a reason

really!!, i thought, ill but trend for quality, and proformance, but thats come back in my face, i think i will stick with the quick switch range from its, never had any problems with them,
can you get collets to put your own bits in which fit into snappy chucks?

thanks
tom

Sponsored Links
hi merlin, i got them from ebay, brand new though, i will have to check there refunds policy

tom

if you have just bought them put in a claim, paypal have made it easy now to get your money back if you get faulty goods, even if they have a no returns policy, i return lots of stuff.

I find the hex shank ones screwfix sell quite good, never had any problems with them. Toolstation sel teh silverline ones which are pants, the bit just comes unstuck from the hex after a couple of holes.

I've also got some Bosch lip & spur ones where the hex and drill are all machined from one piece and these are also good

Jason

thanks for the help guys,
jason would you be able to put a link to the screwfix ones please, i cant find em anywhere, do they also do snappy style acessories?

thanks again
tom

Singles
http://www.screwfix.com/cats/A337786/Drill-Bits/HSS-Drill-Bits/Titanium-Coated-HSS

Sets, though it looks like they may well now be cheaper erbauer brand, I use the ones with the black hex like the singles
http://www.screwfix.com/search.do;j...GCSTHZOSFFI?_dyncharset=UTF-8&fh_search=73069

They do a few other hex-recess items, I have quite a few but not all from SF such as Flat bits, Hinge drills, Csks, drill/counterbores, plug cutters.

I don't have the trend snappy holder but I mostly use a dewalt one and also have a Kreg which holds the firmest without wobble of the hex but is a bit stiffer to release

J

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back