SNP hypocrites

Sponsored Links
"Why have MPs from the SNP decided to block plans to allow shops in England to open for longer on a Sunday?

It's an intriguing question - more so when you consider the fact that shops in Scotland can already open for as long as they like."

"So, unless there is a set of changes from government it seems Scottish MPs have prevented English shoppers from doing what Scottish shoppers can already do.

On Sunday, you could read about it in a newspaper purchased from a 24-hour supermarket in Scotland.

But in England you would have to wait until 10am to purchase the newspaper from a similar-sized store."
http://www.itv.com/news/2016-03-08/why-has-the-snp-decided-to-veto-sunday-trading-law-changes/

Why?
Spite?

I also suspect that the fish woman intends to alienate the English citizens so much that they will start to think "good riddance" next time she thinks she might win a referendum to grant England independence from Scotland.

Hi all.

What sort of shops are prohibited to open on a Sunday, in England? Why did this situation occur? who voted it in? and when?

Up here in the far frozen north, shops can open 24/7 - 365 no restrictions apart from the sale of Alcohol [1000 AM - 1000 PM] only, Pubs can open longer, under a license granted by the Local Authority.

As I understand it if you work in a shop up here Sunday working attracts what is I believe Overtime payments?

Ken

Sponsored Links
apparently, according to Brandon lewis (con), it would create £ 1billion of business. "quote from BBC Norfolk this morning"

Where the hell from?, there can only be so much money sloshing about for people to spend on shopping, and with 6 full days and and a quarter on a sunday, how would freeing up the extra few hours liberate any more money....

Beats me.

If we're going to have a 24/7 society then can we please make it a level 24/7 society?

If I have to go to work at 4am on a Sunday then can I please drop my kids off at school at 3.30am?

Every hypocrite that thinks shop workers should consider their Sunday as just another day needs to seriously consider how there own work patterns fit into this ideal.

What sort of shops are prohibited to open on a Sunday, in England?
Big ones over a certain square footage are limited to 6 hours on Sunday. I.e. supermarkets and high street stores.

Why did this situation occur? who voted it in? and when?
Can't remember when but that's what was allowed when total closure was relaxed.

If we're going to have a 24/7 society then can we please make it a level 24/7 society?
I quite agree.

If I have to go to work at 4am on a Sunday then can I please drop my kids off at school at 3.30am?
If you want. You'll probably get into trouble.

Every hypocrite that thinks shop workers should consider their Sunday as just another day needs to seriously consider how there own work patterns fit into this ideal.
I've always enjoyed shift work.

Plus the day off when most are at work

Plus the day off when most are at work

You can certainly get more done, than if hampered by a multitude of lackwits on a weekend.

Working weekends makes social life planning much more awkward though, unless the ultimate aim is to make Sunday "just another day".

I don't care either way, just because shops are open longer it doesn't mean I will spend more money, It does mean I can choose when is more convenient for me to spend it.

As for wreaking family life well I guess it can do but then the 17 + workforce also needs somewhere to work and they are normally off on the weekend.

The retail world has changed with 24/7 online shopping the one thing they do have over it currently is getting what you want instantly (apart from Sundays) :)

Sponsored Links
Back