So Britains the second highest contributor to the Eu, Great!

Sponsored Links
19 billion is nothing. We borrow around 10 billion month in month out year in year out - now add that lot up.

Glad i ripped the world, as it's getting it's own back wether i screwed it or not.
Mother said 30 yrs ago, sack the pension it wont be worth nothing.

Honesty does not pay,do as the MPs do, Fill your boots.

Never have now't if you don't.....

;)

I do actually think we are (in principle) better of in, than out.

But we need ministers with real iron and fire to start properly bashing out better deals, the amount of money we give should be slashed. And it's just stupid to take so much, then give us half back.

Sadly we had Blair (had balls, but was an unprincipled dark prince), brown (complete wet flannel with the spending habits of a drunken sailor), and cameron (the political heir to blair, who's principles are whatever seems popular).

****ing UK public get what they vote for though.

Sponsored Links
You're quite right AS, lets stay in the EU import more cheap labour from the east, putting more profit into the fat cats pockets and more of our youth on to social. Way to go!!

When we joined the common market in the dawn of time, it was countries with similar work ethics and retirement ages, now any Tom Dick or Harry can lie there way in.

Also back then there was no mention of a single currency or German president of the United States of Europe..

So unless you're quite wealthy tell me what Brussels has given you??

Eu product standards are basically a way of controlling the markets, they can be designed in a way that it makes it more difficult for one country to sell into the EU compared to another already in the club.

Places like china can get around this by basically throwing cheap labour at the issue, so even with high barriers they can get over the standards (that and they just don't comply to them all and fake mark their products, something the UK doesn't and shouldn't do).

It's better we are in the club and can ensure the standards are written in our favour rather than against.

I don't really get your jibe about "cheap labour from the east", that doesn't have to be a condition for membership, we only do it because we had the self destructive labour party, and the now ineffective coalition.

Let Europe have it's single currency, let there be a "two speed Europe", the mistake however is to assume that those outside the Euro are the ones in slow gear.

Let them have their unelected European president, at the end of the day, with a strong focused UK/English government we can basically ignore him.

Many of the problems with the EU are really only our problems because of our own weak political system, which is only weak because so much of the population votes tribally, those that do vote that is.

Why do we give them so many billions, did you really think they would throw us out if we said "no" to more rises, we had politicians to enamoured with "the project" to say "no".

We also have more of a chance of ****ing about with France and Germany, curbing their excesses, inside the EU than outside.

You're quite right AS, lets stay in the EU import more cheap labour from the east, putting more profit into the fat cats pockets and more of our youth on to social. Way to go!!

When we joined the common market in the dawn of time, it was countries with similar work ethics and retirement ages, now any Tom Dick or Harry can lie there way in.

Also back then there was no mention of a single currency or German president of the United States of Europe..

So unless you're quite wealthy tell me what Brussels has given you??

Sprouts? :oops:

Whether we are in or out, if you are not a 'fat-cat' you will get screwed. :evil:

But we need ministers with real iron and fire to start properly bashing out better deals, the amount of money we give should be slashed. And it's just stupid to take so much, then give us half back.

Sadly we had Blair (had balls, but was an unprincipled dark prince), brown (complete wet flannel with the spending habits of a drunken sailor), and cameron (the political heir to blair, who's principles are whatever seems popular).

**** UK public get what they vote for though.

most of us didn't vote for it.

**** UK public get what they vote for though.

most of us didn't vote for it.

Most governments get in with less than 1/3 of the total potential vote (including those that don't bother).

It's called representative democracy.

some don't bother to vote, and lot's vote for whoever is wearing a red/blue/yellow rosette, never bothering to check what their stance on issues is.

Then acting all surprised when that person supports EU measures.

So it's not really true to say "most didn't vote for it" the UK public are getting EXACTLY what they voted for.

Sponsored Links
Back